Gain the Latest Insights in Business Planning
– Releasing value through better planning decisions
– Exploring the latest developments in optimization for the mining industry
– Simultaneously optimizing the whole value chain: mining, mineral processing, logistics, production and capital
– Incorporating sustainability considerations: social, political & environmental
– Planning and optimization with geological uncertainty and volatile metal markets
– Operational and cost modelling techniques for optimization
– Theory of constraints for mining
– Implementing an effective planning process “Money Mining”
Effective long-term planning can enhance the value of a minerals business by 5% – 35% or significantly more. This seminar details an optimization methodology that involves 10 distinct mechanisms, which when applied simultaneously can produce counter intuitive results that challenge conventional thinking on how to run a mining and mineral processing business. Covering the latest developments in optimization methods, the subjects span mine design and scheduling, cut-off grades and stockpiling, plant configuration, product specification, logistics and capital scaling, incorporating a broad range of sustainability considerations, a comprehensive approach to managing risk and uncertainty, strategic optimization and modelling techniques, theory of constraints as it applied to a minerals business, advanced cost modelling, and implementation/change-management. The result is a comprehensive approach to asset management.
It shows how these disciplines can take the economic view of the business and coordinate their activities to extract value that is currently concealed between the organizational silos that the management structure creates.
It is also relevant to equity analysts, venture capitalists, fund managers and investment bankers who want to better understand the drivers of value in a minerals business, and to be able to recognize where the full potential of a business has not yet been realized.
The principles examined are applicable to Copper, Gold, Lead, Zinc, Iron ore, Coal, Diamonds, Bauxite, Manganese, Platinum and other commodities. Pit, underground and complex portfolios of assets are covered.