VANCOUVER, BRITISH COLUMBIA--(Marketwired - Nov. 1, 2013) - Anthem Resources Inc. (TSX VENTURE AYN)(OTCQX:VAERF) ("Anthem" or the "Company") wishes to inform its shareholders that it has been the subject of defamatory statements by Anthony Beruschi and Morning Star Resources Ltd. ("Morning Star") in connection with a proxy fight between Boss Power Corp. ("Boss") and Morning Star. The defamation took place in Morning Star's proxy circular of October 25, 2013 as well as press releases of October 28 and 31, 2013. The defamation of Anthem is extensive, severe, and highly damaging and includes the following false statements:
- That Anthem has for years been running the Board of Boss.
- That the persons nominated by Boss management as directors for the next year are in fact Anthem nominees.
- That the so-called "Anthem Nominees" have neither interest in closing, nor a plan to close, the $30,000,0000 settlement with the British Columbia government.
- That the so-called "Existing Anthem Board" is only interested in obtaining the best possible financial result for Anthem to the detriment of all other Boss shareholders.
- That the so-called "Existing Anthem Board" unlawfully agreed to transfer the B Claims to the Province in breach of trust.
- That the so-called "Existing Anthem Board" repeatedly disclosed to shareholders false and misleading facts, and which shareholders should also expect from Anthem's new Board.
Anthem has delivered a formal demand that Mr. Beruschi and Morning Star immediately and unqualifiedly publicly and prominently retract and apologize for these wrongful allegations and all other statements that disparage Anthem. Anthem has also demanded that Mr. Beruschi and Morning Star immediately cease their defamatory statements.
Anthem has reviewed both the Boss circular and that of Morning Star and has decided to vote in favor of the Boss management director nominees.
On Behalf of the Board of Directors of ANTHEM RESOURCES INC.
Walter Coles Jr., President & CEO
Neither TSX Venture Exchange nor its Regulation Services Provider (as that term is defined in the policies of the TSX Venture Exchange) accepts responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this release.