- This event has passed.
“Gold Ore Processing” Short Course
November 16, 2017 - November 17, 2017CAD1400
Gold is among the first metals used by man because it naturally occurs in its native state. Over the years different process flowsheets have been developed with the purpose of optimising gold extraction from a particular feed material using the most appropriate technology.
Due to numerous factors ranging from technical e.g. geological, mineralogical, metallurgical and economical to non-technical such as geographical, environmental and political, diverse industrial flowsheet for gold production have been developed in different part of the world.
In this course we introduce participants the basic concepts and operations involved in gold extraction. Attendees of the course will:
• Study the introductory concepts of the mineralogy of gold bearing ores and minerals and the effect this has on the method of gold extraction used.
• Learn the basic operations and equipment used in gold extraction.
• Understand the structure of flowsheets and their application to various gold ores and minerals.
• Understand metallurgical testwork required to characterise a gold ore.
• Develop skills and knowledge in achieving maximum productivity at minimum costs.